This Refund Policy is made for use of the website. This document tells the user about the rules
regarding the return and refund of the products or services once sold on the website. This document can be used for any type of
industry including healthcare, finance, entertainment, e-commerce, transportation, etc.
It should be noted that this document only includes the Refund Policy. Website owners may require further documents such as
By using the Refund Policy, the website owners can answer their user's questions about returns and refunds, which
helps to build trust with their users. As more and more people are willing to purchase goods and avail services online, it is
increasingly common that users want to know about return and refund policy before making any decision to purchase online. A
clearly drafted Refund Policy will help the customers to remove any apprehension regarding the website.
How To Use This Document?
Once this document has been prepared, it needs to be published on the website and needs to be made easily accessible/visible to the users. It is better to provide a link on the home page of the website.
This Policy clarifies the following matters:
• Refunding rules: under this, the general rules regarding the refund can be included.
• Products damaged during transit: this defines what to do when the customer receives a damaged product.
• Order not confirmed and the amount deducted: the customer will be informed of the steps to be followed if the amount is deducted from the account and the order is not confirmed.
• Exempted goods and services from the refund: the customers will be informed of the goods or services which are not refundable.
• Rules of return: the customer will be informed of the procedures and rules to be followed while returning a product or requesting a refund.
• Shipping cost: under this, it will be clarified who will bear the cost of returning the goods.
• Response time: the users will be informed of the normal expected processing time.
• Changes to this Policy: the customers will be informed that the website reserves the right to modify the terms of this policy at any time without any notice.
The return and refund of the products and services will be covered under the Consumer Protection Act, 2019 and the general rules of the Indian Contract Act, 1872.
How To Modify The Template?
You fill out a form. The document is created before your eyes as you respond to the questions.
At the end, you receive it in Word and PDF formats. You can modify it and reuse it.
Fill out the template
Other names for the document: Return and refund policy for website, Refund policy for e-commerce, Ecommerce return policy, Online refund policy, Website return policy for e-commerce
Intellectual Property & New Technologies - Other Downloadable Templates Of Legal Documents
• Website Terms and Conditions
• Trademark or Copyright Infringement Cease and Desist Letter
• Website Cookies Policy
• Shipping Policy for the Website
• Intellectual Property License Agreement
• Trade Mark Assignment Agreement